singzeon.


(closed)



4 November 2010:

Communication is a two-way street.

I just came back from the councillor camp. It was eventful, to put in simply. I don't think any of you wishes to read my rantings, so I shan't.
I just think that it's such a failure if one doesn't practice what he / she preaches. How are people going to listen and follow? A good leader is a good follower. If one doesn't put down his status and "follow" people, is he fit to be a good leader?

Someone doesn't understand the meaning of "personal preferences". Criticising another's choice just because one doesn't like it is very immature, in my view. Even though one does not like a particular person, there is no need to insult any party. Nobody would say anything if any one disagreed. How would a person feel if what I did was to put down someone just because of his / her choice? It's just a choice; a personal preference. It's not as if he / she chose something like a sex change, maybe that personal preference is a bit hard to accept.
I find that it was seriously uncalled for. Never once did I attack any of anyone's preference, yet I am put down because of a slightly different choice. How fair is that?
I wish people understand that it is perfectly alright to live without certain things in life: music, for instance. Okay, maybe not all. But there is no need to insult a person saying that he "should just go and die" just because he does not know a band. The person already clarified that he does not listen to music that much. So what if he does not know that band? How aversely is it going to affect him? At least he does not have a character as that.

It's a public holiday tomorrow. Time to finish up some things I've been trying to complete.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。