singzeon.


(closed)



19 October 2010:

I try not to post unmeaningful stuff, but today I'm real bored.

This shall be an update post; I suppose?
I finally finished reading Catcher in the Rye. It really is a good book, and I think everyone should be reading it. The themes are very meaningful and close to us, it will really make us ponder about what we have done. Now, I am still thinking about it: I really see it everywhere I go. No wonder this book was such a hit. Sadly, it is still banned in some countries. I thought Singapore would ban this too, but surprisingly they did not.
Next thing that I did was I am starting to relearn JavaScript. I know a lot of people would say that they do not and would not relearn something, because it would be more difficult. I don't know how that came about, but it isn't the case for me. I learned JavaScript a few years ago (I'm not trying to boast here), and pretty much forgot almost everything. Basically, I would be able to tell you what was going on in a script, but I would not be able to write out a similar thing. Let's hope my JavaScript journey (LOL) would be successful.
The third would be that I received some results today. It was pretty much of a surprise. A lot of people said my Chinese would always get A1, since I was so fond of it and all that. Fact is, I have been dropping in standard. I did quite badly for CA2, but fortunately somehow something pulled it up a little. 這次在考試中,我選了報章讀後感。大多數的人也選了這個題目;24.6%不及格。我真的好怕我會在那24.6%里。我一做完試卷,就有一種強烈的「會不及格」的感覺。畢竟,我在年中時,就因為偏題(或離題)而沒能及格。幸好,那只不過是一個試卷;不過,那對我的影響還是蠻大的。我知道說我信心受挫聽起來像是藉口,可是那時真的是如此。我開始覺得自己的華文其實很差,似乎實現了我之前的補習老師的語言:我總會有一日會明顯退步的。剛才拿回了試卷,我真的是非常的感激。我竟然沒有不及格,雖然分數也沒有很高。不過,我也知道我自己沒做的很好,所以「懂得知足」。
Fourth would be that [it's not easy to please everyone]. No, this is not where I lament. I've realised that everything you do, there will always be critics. If I were to change Shakespeare's Seven Ages of Man: "All the world's a stage, And all the men and women merely critics," I think a better excuse for it would be that we all have this second nature. Once in a while, we will certainly offer our opinions—the bad ones to others. Some people offer more, some people offer less. Sometimes, the people that offer less are actually the ones that hurt us more. I hope no one does that intentionally; but that would be an extravagant hope.

Please remember to support Freerice.com!



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。