singzeon.


(closed)



24 September 2010:

am now studying history and it is really an interesting subject.

Really, it is. I don't get it, why others can say that History is boring? It may be boring to learn, but it is never boring to understand. :)
Anyways, so now I am typing out important details into a powerpoint. I find that this works quite well for me. :)
Somehow, I need to do something like that for subjects such as History, to understand and remember better. Last time, I used mindmaps. They worked quite well too.
Today is Stephanie's birthday, so half of this post is going to her. Haha.
So yea, I must say the mood was quite sad at first. Because nobody was to mention to her anything about it, it was part of the surprise that the girls were trying to give her. Although I wasn't part of this, but I too did not spoil their surprise. Haha.
At the end of the day, then I passed her a small black card. :) I think I should choose ink pens myself next time, they almost made me decide to redo. As you know, I am a perfectionist. In the end, because of some reasons, I decided to not redo.
Well, it wasn't that screwed after all haha. Glad she liked it. :)
Oh, today was quite remarkable for Section 3 haha. During recess duty today, then we had the whole section (S1 and S2s) to be stationed at the canteen. Looks intimidating, eh? Well, maybe not lah after all haha.
Somehow, I think we managed to spot more people. But whoa one girl really very irritating. She is LH's classmate. At first, she smuggled the cookies (the chocolate ones, rather nice). When LH stopped her near the LT (I don't know why there), she talked cra* with him for a while. Then if I'm not wrong XY went up there too. And I think QX was there also. Finally, I went there. She was still giving LH cra*, which made me a bit irritated (since we were wasting time), so I just told her straight what to do. Then she went back to the canteen.
真的没想到,她竟然还带出别的事物!!!wah ... okay lah I'm not angry, just tired about it. If I'm not wrong, I didn't really care anymore, the second time. I think I went back to the canteen or somehting like that. Because after all, duty was going to be over soon.
Heard about RY today. Okay, let me offer something blunt: how could she have become a councillor, if what said was true?! I really don't understand. Disclaimer: by the above statement, I am not trying to mean that I am very good at it, but I think that as a councillor one should not do what she did. I have a burning temptation to spill it all out, but I think some hiding is needed.
From the start, I didn't think that she was very good. Of course, at the start, I do not go into it and start analysing people, but I felt that she was slightly different. I still remember the first time I went into the Students' Council room (is it called that?), it wasto settle S0 stuff. And it was partly because of her.
Well, maybe I was too harsh then, because she was new and all that. What about now? Who does she think she is? A councillor, no doubt. Does that give her the right to do what she did? I might sound very sombre, but I think as a senior (to the S1s at least), she is setting a very bad example. No wonder she [*****] (string of words, not some vulgar words lah).
I said last time on Twitter that I think the new S1s are a way of motivation to us. I don't think that applies to her. Whoa. Look what I've did: rambled on about it. This post was supposed to be (half, haha) for Stephanie. I think I have just covered her part, with all this. I shouldn't have, actually.
Okay, never mind. What else did I want to talk about in this post? Oh yes, the exams. O.O
Exams are starting in less than a week (I think?). Somehow, I feel that the S2 cohort is not as heated in preparation. Or could it be all of them are secretly studying at home?! Haha, whatever it is, I don't care.
I really need a way to combat distraction. Examples: Youtube. Yup, everytime I think it's going to be the last video, I end up watching the next video on the reel. I am very easily susceptible to temptation.
I am now seriously trying to consider not using Twitter for the time being. It's actually easy to avoid it totally (by not typing the address), but for me, I am not able to pull myself away from the website once I have logged in. There will always be other tweets coming in, and I will get distracted. If this tweet comes with a video, then ... you know what are mean.
YouTube + Twitter = [...]
Okay, have blogged about quite a lot for now. It's 2318 here in Singapore (in case you're from the US), and it's about time I go off soon. It's about time to sleep. When I wake up tomorrow, there will be F1 at night. Oh that was so random. I tried to think of something comical but couldn't. Wateva, ciao~



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。