singzeon.


(closed)



24 September 2016:

What an interesting week it has been . . .

Long-time (ugh, how pretentious) readers would probably know that I generally dislike posts that detail the what-happens of my day / week, but for this post only I’ll do a short one of the past 5 days. Not all details are mentioned, just significant ones that I will mention after that.

Sun, 18 Sept


Mon, 19 Sept


Tues, 20 Sept


Wed, 21 Sept


Thurs, 22 Sept


Fri, 23 Sept


~

So yes. What an interesting time. But the main part(s) of my week was in fact the company I had and how grateful I am to have them. And then comes my insecurities and how I am so afraid of what may come.

The past week was fantastic and I had fantastic company because there were certain conditions such that I was able to join in. I will not be having the same conditions the next week. Then, what I am going to do?

Also, before WK left, he mentioned that it’s highly possible to meet up again since his new unit is still rather close-by. True, but what if we don’t? Maybe not because he doesn’t want to, but simply because he’s too busy.

All this while WK has been really nice. I am not the easiest to get along with and so I thank his patience. But now that he is in a different place, I really don’t know if he will still be willing to meet up. Again, I don’t blame him if he doesn’t.

~

Ever since I entered NS, I don’t think I’ve really nutured a friendship that I can safely say will last beyond this two years. I certainly hope it’s just me being paranoid, but it seems that way to me. I barely keep in contact with anyone from BMT or SCS.

And then there’s the issue of work-friends. Some people I interact with are really friendly and nice. But beyond work, zero contact. I don’t blame them for it. They probably treat me as a work-friend which is understandable.

But I just think it’s sad that that’s all there is. Even with E, whom so far seems like a nice person to be around. I am highly aware that as it is currently, I am no more than a work-friend. Once I leave, I really won’t be surprised if there won’t be any contact.

~

All this is exactly why I adopted the motto of 認真你就輸了. Previously WK was saying how it wasn’t correct and it could end up hurting others that may actually be also putting in effort. What a dilemma indeed for me.

I really wish I could be like one of those people who really 看得開 when friendships or relationships go poof. Am I just too sentimental and/or emotional? Some people are just able to move on. Is that supposed to be the ideal?

From a Buddhist perspective, indeed ‘nothing is permanent’. But I guess sometimes things are very different in theory than in practice. And this is really one aspect which I struggle with. I can only hope for clarity.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。