singzeon.


(closed)



27 September 2015:

I should count my blessings.

After a few absences, I finally met up with I and gang a few days ago. We ate and talked for more than three hours. It was just like back in secondary school, where we first met as we were involved in organising a school event.

The original organising committee had more people than that, but I guess the few of us stuck together while the rest faded out. All this while, I've been the passive and unparticipating member, due to circumstances. Thankfully, they've always tried to include me despite all that.

For this, I am very grateful and appreciative of them. By now I have come to terms that I am the type of person with too many acquaintances and too little friends. This gives a false sense of popularity and security. But, when I do need help, I can barely find anyone.

~

During the meet-up, I shared about recent happenings in her life. It was a shock to hear of certain details, which I would not elaborate. My first response upon hearing that was shock but I remained calm and did not respond much.

T asked why I did not offer consolation and/or advice. It was because (1) given my lack of experience, there was nothing much I could advise and (2) I fear that I may again say the wrong things and upset I more, even though I meant well.

However, I am still deeply appreciative of I that she bothered to share this with me. This was highly personal and it was perfectly understandable if she chose not to tell me; I would not have blamed her, as I know I am not as close to her anymore.

~

This past week, though only three days long, was rather tough for me. Now that I am confirmed in my current posting, I started receiving more work and responsibilities. I was in very bad spirits the whole time, especially when YS took leave on Wed and 'left me alone'.

However, the meeting made me realise that all these are nothing compared to what others may be facing. In fact, I was already more fortunate, as I have a confirmed posting. Furthermore, I get along well with almost everyone.

Things could have been worse if I remained as an SIT, or if the whole office hates me. So although I do have struggles, they are surmountable ones and I should stop whining and focus instead on overcoming them.

TTFN.



aboutme.

From Singapore. 20 years of age. Blogs as and when inspiration comes, in British English (and Singlish), Traditional Chinese and (hopefully) Russian. Not a lifestyle blogger, expect posts to be serious, dull or even obscure. I enjoy comedy, in particular British humour.



interests.

[more or less in order] medicine | forensics | theatre | modern world history | typography (including style and grammar) | visual design | Taiji | Chinese language and literature | Mandarin pop (and singing) | Apple products.



typography.

PT Serif for main text and links. Ubuntu Condensed for dates, post titles and sidebar headings. Both fonts from Google Web Fonts.



credits.

singzeon. by Sing Zeon is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International Licence. Pictures used here either come from my Instagram (instagram.com/singzeon) or Google image search. For the latter, I do not own those pictures.



quote.

Hard to love. 認真你就輸了。